What? Too tired to blog about Zac? I must have mono (-grammed necklaces with his initials on them? Yes.)
3. This picture.

Because you know the person responsible for this was laughing hysterically in the background while it was taken. It reminds me of that camp scene in The Parent Trap when the stiff pickle British Lindsay Lohan meets her asshole American twin. Or when Rumer Willis poses next to a potato.
2. This vid-ya.
You can’t beat a good body-switching comedy, an assertion I want to be the epitaph on my tombstone. And have it inspire some sort of body-switching comedy.
1.Zac Efron at TIFF

2008 was a good year for Heidi Brander, gift-wise. Some of the best presents I received include zebra print pillow cases, Britney Spears tickets, a 3-disc DVD collection of Arnold Schwarzenegger comedies, a nephew (one that chubbed up my sister, which subsequently drew attention away from my own muffin top, which was in itself an AMAZING gift) and FOUR individual hour-long biographies of each Golden Girl!
BUT the most treasured jewel in my 2008 tiara has to be what Heather Burns bestowed upon me one fateful day during TIFF. Two tickets to Richard Linklater’s, Me and Orson Welles. Incidentally, the “ME” in that title stood for “Mister Eyeslikeswimmingpools” himself, Zac Efron.
Truth be told, Zac could star in a musical version of Alien vs. Valkyrie and I’d be glued to the screen; as long as the movie involves singing, dancing, and having bangs, I consider it money well spent. But general opinion/Rotten Tomatoes has determined that the movie is pretty brutal – a shock considering Richard Linklater is the man that brought us Bad News Bears. At any rate, the main draw for most was the Q&A afterwards.
(For those of us unfamiliar with acronyms, Q&A stands for Question & Answer.)Example:
Q: OMG OMG OMG Zac Efron, like WTF!!!
A: ….
Q: OMG OMG OMG Claire Danes, My So Called Life LOL!
A: That wasn’t a question.
Q: OMG I’m SO sorry, ROTFL!!!!
While this was going on I frantically racked my brain for a question, one that sounded at least intelligent enough to avert Zac’s attention away from the patch on his own arm that he'd neglected to self-tan. But after four years of film school (during which I took an ENTIRE COURSE on Orson Welles) I had nothing! Sadly, instead of asking Richard Linklater why his film didn’t touch upon Welles’ cameo in The Muppet Movie, I opted to hold my tongue.
Best movie ever. One of these days I know Zac & I will meet, truly *meet* likely in some sort of Misery-esque scenario. For now, I shall always covet poorly lit photos like this one:
No comments:
Post a Comment