Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Favourite Zac Efron Moments of 2007

I'm not a blogger. The only reason I occasionally post the editions of "Weekend Word Up" that I've written for work is because if someone googles "Heidi Brander" I would like there to be at least one page that doesn't link to a Danish handball player. I prefer to read posts by my more talented bloggers friends like Andrew Johnston, Michael Yerxa, or Dean McArthur. However, after being bombarded by blogosphere retrospectives wrapping up everything 2007, from Best Movie Moments to Best Viral Videos, I was inspired to pen my own retrospective musings. May I present to you...


MY FAVOURITE ZAC EFRON MOMENTS OF 2007



April 7, 2007: ZAC EFRON GETS PUNK'D
(At exactly 1:35)



There are many people with whom I've discussed The Obsession that have stopped me mid-gush to insist that Zac Efron is gay. Upon dropping this bombshell they expect me to be heartbroken and devastated. To these people I say:

NEWS FLASH: I am probably never going to meet Zac Efron, let alone have sex with him.

It’s like those people who tell you that in real life the pyramids supposedly aren’t that impressive. Well, I can say fairly confidently that I am never going to visit the pyramids. That being said, I am still allowed to appreciate pictures of the pyramids and marvel over how chiseled they are.

December, 2007: WIG HEAD



No, I'm not talking about Ash Cam's nickname in first-year university...I'm talking about this picture of Zac, taken on the set of his new movie "Seventeen". "Seventeen" is a sure-to-be-side-splitting romp about an adult male (Matthew Perry) who wakes up one day in the body of his 17-year old self (played by Zac). I'm a firm believer that nothing beats a good body-switching comedy, (see "Fag Hag: The Musical" which I'm currently penning) so I'm really looking forward to this one!

April 24, 2007: PEOPLE MAGAZINE'S 50 MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ISSUE



This was THE moment that innocent fandom turned full-blown Obsession for Heidi Brander. It was also the moment that the phrase "Eyes like swimming pools" was coined. Look at those irises! I just want to strap on a set of water wings and cannonball into them!

Summer, 2007: THE WINK
(Tie: High School Musical 2 and Hairspray)

Has there been a more talked-about wink than Zac Efron's? His Hairspray character might as well have been named Wink Larkin for the amount of gasps he elicits when those lashes hit that cheek. Particularly worthy of note are the following winks from Hairspray and High School Musical 2, respectively. As an added bonus, I've included a video of singer, actress and septumal deviant Ashley Tisdale's personal analysis of Efron's wink.







October 28, 2007: THE PONYTAIL



Ponytail? More like STALLION tail. I totally love this look on Zac; unfortunately it adds to the stockpile of reasons why assuming that Zac Efron is a heterosexual would be akin to betting money on a horse named Tripsy McStumble.


August 7, 2007: ROLLING STONE COVER



On August 7 I was walking past a newsstand on Bloor and Bathurst when I dropped something. My JAW! Everything about this photo spread is perfect: the glow of his orange skin against the simple white backdrop; his hand lifting the t-shirt to reveal chiseled abs while leaving just enough to the imagination (a trick I'm sure he learned from demure girlfriend Blahnessa.) Gays quivered. Tween girls swooned. Tween gays spontaneously combusted.

1 comment:

fashion shoes said...

Christian Louboutin Sneaker is a good choice for you or as gift to your friends,in the exquisite design show the unique style.The design could make your feet breathe freely and more fashional. http://www.clsneakersmall.com
Christian Louboutin Sneakers Black Leather Black Diamond High
Christian Louboutin Sneakers Black Suede Red Diamond High
Christian Louboutin Sneakers Flower Snake Skin High